PETITION TO PASS 2019 CONNECTICUT GUN CONTROL LAWS:
We urge Connecticut residents to sign our petition to encourage the lawmakers to make Connecticut the safest state in the nation. We will deliver this petition to all lawmakers. Thank you for your continued support!
-Newtown Action Alliance
Dear Governor Ned Lamont and the Members of the Connecticut General Assembly:
Our hearts shattered when a gunman used an AR-15 to senselessly murder 20 first graders and six educators in Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. We are grateful that Connecticut passed the second strongest gun laws after the tragedy but we have more work to do. In 2017, 188 people from Connecticut were killed by guns.
We urge you to #HonorWithAction by swiftly passing the following gun control legislation that will keep our children and our families safe in Connecticut. We must continue to be a model for other states until the federal government takes steps to #EndGunViolence in America.
1. S.B. No. 60: AN ACT CONCERNING THE PRESENTATION OF A CARRY PERMIT.
2. H.B. No. 7218: AN ACT CONCERNING THE SAFE STORAGE OF FIREARMS IN THE HOME. (ETHAN'S LAW)
3. H.B. No. 7219: AN ACT CONCERNING GHOST GUNS.
4. H.B. No. 7223: AN ACT CONCERNING THE STORAGE OF A PISTOL OR REVOLVER IN A MOTOR VEHICLE. (JUD
We also urge you to OPPOSE the following legislation that will loosen our gun control laws and endanger our children and families in the State of Connecticut and set a bad precedent for other states.
1. S.B. No. 940: AN ACT AUTHORIZING CERTAIN PERSONS TO CARRY HANDGUNS IN STATE PARKS AND STATE FORESTS.
2. H.B. No. 5227: AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF FIREARMS BY MUNICIPALITIES.
3. H.B. No. 5870: AN ACT CONCERNING TRANSFER OF ASSAULT WEAPONS AND LARGE CAPACITY MAGAZINES.
You can read our testimony on why we support and oppose the various gun bills in this legislative session HERE.
Newtown Action Alliance and Our Supporters